Coastal meadows are found in flat coastal areas, where they are occasionally flooded. The flora on these landscapes is low in height and requires mowing or grazing to ensure its persistence. A total of 390 plants species have been found on coastal meadows, including several protected species, such as the wild orchids. The most valuable bird species of coastal meadows are the waders, especially the Baltic dunlin, ruff, and curlew, to name a few. The volunteers will help to remove junipers and brushwood from an overgrown coastal meadows to improve the feeding and breeding opportunities of the Baltic dunlin and other waders.
The Matsalu National Park in West-Estonia is one of Europe’s most important stopover sites for waterfowl on their flightfrom the Arctic to Western Europe. It is a true paradise for bird watchers. The national park comprises the shallow Matsalu Bay, nearly 50 islands and islets, and the Väinameri sea surrounding them. The coastal meadows by Matsalu Bay, which are among the largest in Europe, are an important feeding place for migratory birds and a nesting site for some rare species.
It is possible to elongate Your stay and continue to Haanja I (July 21-24)
and Haanja II (July 24-27)
This nature volunteering camp is funded by Environmental Investment Centre
How can I participate?
After clicking the "Register to camp" button, a yellow stripe will appear at the top of the page. It is possible to add several camps into the cart. Clicking on the yellow stripe will direct You to the cart where You can insert Your contact information and pay for the camp.
The registration sheet is only available in Estonian and here are the translations:
* Nimi = Name
* E-post = E-mail
* Vanus = Age
* Telefon = Phone number
* Asula, kust stardid talgutele = Location (city, town, or village)
* Olen talgutel varem osalenud = I have participated in ELF's camps before
* Eritoitumine = Special dietary requirements (allergies, gluten, lactose, vegetarian, vegan, etc)
* Muu info ja kommentaarid = Remarks and comments
* Nõustun üld- ja tagasimaksmise tingimustega = I agree with the terms and conditions
* Sooduskood / Rakenda = Discount code / Apply
* Edasi maksma = Proceed with payment
* Soorita tellimus = Make the purchase (Tasu arvega = Pay with a bill)
If the group is already full, You can add Your information to the waiting list and we will contact You if there is a vacancy.